After the excitement of the proposal has died down and you’ve thrust your engagement ring in the noses of your nearest and dearest, thoughts will turn to the wedding day.
This is where panic starts to set in. How are we going to be able to pay for the wedding? How long is it going to take us to save? Can we put it on a credit card? Should we get a loan?
Every wedding has a cost, even a small family gathering, and it helps if you can decide from the outset how much you can afford – and are willing – to pay for your memorable day.
Once you have a realistic figure, you can then build your wedding around your budget, ensuring that your venue and catering costs fall within your designated pot of funds.
Aside from buying a house or embarking on a university education, a wedding is likely to be one of the biggest sums of money you’ll part with.
Here at Warley Park, we understand that weddings place couples under considerable financial pressure and sometimes threaten to spoil the build-up excitement.
In response, we’ve come up with a way of reducing some of the stress and anxiety by launching a new facility allowing couples to stagger their wedding reception expenses – for up to 12 months after the date of their wedding.
Once our newlyweds-to-be have agreed on a reception package and any personalised extras, we’ll establish a mutually convenient direct debit payment schedule. This will enable the couple to spread the cost of the wedding – interest free – in the lead up to their big day and even 12 months after they get married.
So what are the benefits of paying for your wedding in instalments? Here are the top six:
- Allows you to get married before paying for all of your wedding without being subjected to extortionate interest charges.
- Enables couples to request donations for their wedding gifts which can be used as part payment towards the reception.
- Allows you to set savings goals. Breaking down the cost into staggered payments makes it easier to achieve and the cost of the wedding won’t seem so daunting.
- Allows you to plan effectively. You will know exactly how much you need to set aside every month to meet the payment schedule. If you have a payment due just after Christmas, it will encourage you to remain in control of your spending rather than having a single savings pot which can be easily dipped into.
- You can pay off the remaining balance any time prior to the agreed date without penalty as the service is not a credit agreement and incurs no interest. This is useful if you receive unexpected financial gifts from friends and family wanting to contribute to your wedding.
- Enables you to opt for a more luxurious package because you can spread the cost over months or even more than a year after your wedding date. This means you can save for a honeymoon at the same time.
Warley Park has a range of wedding packages to suit every budget. Whichever style of reception you are interested in, we will take care of every detail to ensure the build up to your big day is as stress-free as possible.